Monday, August 25, 2008

I GREW UP WITH RUSTY



I grew up with Rusty. I was like his little sister. He was 11yrs and I was 10yrs. He protected me with all his love and care. He never was angry even when I irritated him too much. His patience was eminent from his tolerant behavior. When it was too much for him to bear all that I was doing to him, then he used to run away to another room. He was always there to console me when I was upset without uttering even a single word. His support gave me lots of strength. I used to take him for a walk everyday.
We were living in an apartment on 3rd floor.
“Bow wow! Bow wow!”
He used to call lift by his strong bark if the lift was delayed by minutes. Once we walked to the lift door, his leash got stuck in the lift door. Lift started going down and the chain- it was stuck in the door of the lift on 3rd floor. He was wearing a choke chain. He started suffocating.
“Momma! Momma! Help!” I shouted with full might.
He was struggling to get free from the chain. I was scared that I would lose him. I opened the inner door of the lift to stop it.
“Voila!”
The lift stopped. Rusty was on his hind legs, struggling bravely. I was trying to lift him up to keep his neck bit loose till help arrives.
But, amazingly the chain was broken with his power and strength. He wanted to live with us. God was calling him, but he refused and stayed with us for little more time.
I was relieved that nothing happened to him. He went for a walk and had a nice time downstairs in the open fresh air. He came back and had lots of water and rested in the evening.
I miss him very much and I pray to God for his peace and Thank God for all the memorable time he spent with us.
---Krish

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.