Monday, September 1, 2008

Momma! You Made My doggy Lazy!


Momma! You Made My doggy Lazy!

One Fine day we all were sitting and chatting over a cup of tea. My elder daughter was arguing with me over petty issues.

She exclaimed; “Momma! You are lazy and you made my doggy lazy!”

My temper soared but was calmed by soothing memories of so-called doggy Rusty who was with me through thick and thins of my life!

I was down with a serious ailment of stomach, which made me bedridden for few months. I was so sick that I could not sit for long time and was under strong medication for long time. My little doggy was so faithful that he sensed that am not so well! Surprisingly, he used to sleep whole day beside my bed.

He had his own cozy little bed. He was always sleeping and waiting for me to get up. His only movement was to answer nature’s call and to have his food. He was amazingly faithful to be by my side all through the day and night, keeping an alert vigil on my deteriorating condition.
In the meantime, one day, he went out for his regular stroll. We got an urgent call
from our friendly neighbor that Rusty could not stand and he is sitting immobile on muddy road. We got scared and ran outside to find him sitting immobile. His Master went and brought him to the house in his arms. Lots of rubbing and massaging was of no help. We saw that his hind leg has been dislocated.

Now, we got a shock of our lives; “what to do?”

We went to doctor. He got his X-ray done which confirmed our fears. This doctor was unable to help Rusty. He diagnosed operation. We didn’t want any suffering for him. Then we consulted one senior doctor who instilled confidence in us that false joint will grow and he won’t be handicapped.

“Whew! What a relief!”

I was passing Reiki continuously. One fine day, we came across one more dedicated doctor who was expert in this sort of dislocation. We went to him. His confident approach gave new lease of life to Rusty. He fixed the leg to the nearest joint (delay by 3-5days caused some tissues to grow). He bandaged the joint and he was on bed rest for one month. We used to carry 32kg dog for his nature’s call and he used to follow our commands. He was so obedient dog. He was fed on bed and he let us pamper him. He was Royal Dog!
After a month, his bandage removed and he was free again with no limps. I used to give him oil massage on his affected leg regularly to strengthen his muscles. He was up and moving without difficulty. He overcame his handicap with his patience and our help.
Despite his restored movement, this little doggy was still on his bed all day long to accompany his sick momma!

I admire his courage and patience with which he was beside me when I was sick. He was always with all the family members when they used to fall sick for one reason or other. If any one of our two daughters used to cry, he used to come and lick them with affection. This passionate gesture used to elevate the moods of both our girls. He always used to sense that someone is in need of his healing energy. He used to give those loving healing energies through his healing presence dotted with worried looks on his lovely warm face!
His presence near us will automatically reduce our pain. Our joys of having him besides us always brought smile to our miserable face! We all used to see his adoring face and forget our everyday woes of life!

But I Loved Him To Be One Big Lazy Rusty!

3 comments:

nusri said...

rusty was a very cute and adorable dog.i remember meeting him and really liking him when i first met u people.i was really sorry to hear about his demise.i hope u guys can get over the sorrow of this incident.



u have paid a beautiful tribute to your friend through kop's beautiful poem and krish's writeup.



hope that rusty rests in peace.



Suvs,anj

Unknown said...

In all of your hearths he will live forever <3<3<3<3

nusri said...

Yes! He Will and he is Living with us and remembered in all our happy moments!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.