Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Active Rusty!

Favorite Prey of Rusty

Rusty was very good at sensing rats and mouse. He used to get the smell of rats even before us.
Our old washing machine was favourite refuge for rats. The moment rat enters the machine; Rusty will scratch the machine and make lots of fuss to reach the rat. The rat was also very smart. It will not budge till Rusty is around. I have to remove Rusty from the area and open the machine to rescue the rat.
We used to stay in a very old house, which had lots of small holes to facilitate rats and mouse infestation. Every now and then, they will raid my kitchen. Those days were very busy for Rusty for he used to be very busy patrolling the kitchen and store. Whenever he used catch mice or rat, he used to keep it on my feet and I used to proudly pat him for his job.
Even in other old house he used to chase small mice and baby mice. The moment he put his heavy paws on teeny-meeny mouse, it will die. What followed this chase was my home was affected by cyclone of sorts. I have to tidy whole of my house after this dog and mouse chase.

I really miss his active chase and his cyclonic upheaval of my house!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.